Pages

Sunday 9 October 2011

Guest Blogger - John SlabAds



Thank you Anne-Marie for having me on your feature blog, and on behalf of the "SlabAds Team", thank you for being an excellent client.

My world changed on January 19th 2009 when my twins Lily & Ava were born; this was a huge change for my family as we already had 3 kids in a 3 bedroom house. Now when I look back I can’t think of how things would be if they hadn’t arrived into our amazing world. It makes me feel so proud when I see them all growing into their own little characters, but most of all it’s their fantastic mother who carried them on their journey, who deserves all the credit.

I had to move jobs to suit our family needs, and even had a dabble into a business idea "Eezy Cabling". It never actually progressed past the Biz Gateway meeting or drawing pad, but it did give me an opportunity to speak with a successful Dragons Den participant, Andrew Harsley (Rapstrap) who had secured a huge contract with a Japanese firm, My idea, however, would have had to be made in great volume for a niche market.

I'm an ambitious person bubbling away underneath, but have had to concentrate fully on supporting my family. One day, however, I helped to get my colleague’s notepad repaired. I called a friend, Alison (The cocktail Queen) whose husband knew a lot about PC/IT workings, but he was really busy. Alison gave me a number to call and this led me to SlabAds. As I learned what exactly they offered, I immediately thought to myself, "This is great, this can really work well for everyone," and I passed the word around, with some businesses becoming increasingly interested in what I was telling them.

The SlabAds team decided to let me further promote the business with the addition of an email address for SlabAds, Twitter & Facebook account and very soon I built an excellent customer base. Building relationships with people is something I really enjoy, even more so when contacting face to face, and my confidence grew with every new client added to the website.

The SlabAds website has received over 300,000 hits since June and continues to show good progress. SlabAds.com is a low-cost advertising site where businesses have their very own custom designed feature “SlabAd”. The ad acts like a mini-website and when users click any SlabAd, they are taken directly to the client’s website. In a short time we have managed to add businesses all over the UK, with one in Australia (who have reported traffic from SlabAds), and with an excellent cost of just £25 per year, for a service that promotes your business via the website, Twitter (tweeting 24/7) & Facebook, we also proactively look-out for business opportunities for our clients, and if they want us to promote particular offers or promotions, this can be done free of charge.

In the short space of time since its launch, I think the "SlabAds family" has grown exceptionally well, and our Google listings are showing great results too, which benefits everyone. If there was a job/business I could say that I truly understand and 100% support in every way, it would be SlabAds, and the people I have met, spoke to, tweeted & emailed are fantastic clients to have on-board. I wish everyone connected with SlabAds a very successful time with us, and welcome the opportunity to expand the range of businesses we promote. If you would like the SlabAds Team working to promote YOUR business, please contact me: John@slabads.com or tweet @JTFaelivi.

"Together We Are Stronger" And thanks again to Anne-Marie for allowing my blog to be featured here.

No comments:

Post a Comment